Shawnee State advocates for students' rights.


Our Mission

The Office of Accessibility Services offers support and empowerment to students with disabilities as they embark on their academic and professional goals.



Request Academic Accommodations
Apply for Accessibility Services
Request Non-Academic Accommodations
Housing Accommodations
Schedule an Appointment

An appointment can be scheduled with Accessibility Services through Calendly. Appointments are recommended for both new and current students. If you are a new student, please bring appropriate documentation and complete online intake forms that you receive in your Shawnee e-mail.

ADA Resources
Faculty Resources
The Grievance Process

Any Shawnee State University student who believes that they have been subjected to discrimination on the basis of disability or has been denied access or accommodations required by law shall have the right to invoke this grievance process.

Our grievance process addresses concerns based upon disagreements or denials regarding disability designation and status, denial of requested accommodations, auxiliary aids or services, claims of inaccessibility of a college program, activity or facility, and alleged harassment or discrimination on the basis of a disability.


Request Housing Accommodation by July 31, 2019 for Fall Semester.

Contact us today if you need housing accommodations for Fall 19.

Americans with Disabilities Act

Shawnee State University is committed to complying with all requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA) of 2008 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (amended in 2008), ensuring that all qualified students with disabilities have equal access to programs, activities, and services and are provided reasonable accommodations.

Request Services Every Semester

Students should obtain approved accommodations every semester. Our office is located in Hatcher Hall, 1001 Fourth Street, Portsmouth, OH 45662, Room 107. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., or by appointment.


Request Services

All accommodations are made based on the documentation students provide. To request academic accommodations, complete the application for services form.